Rules & Regulations
Vloedbos rules and regulations
No visitors will be allowed to enter the premises without signing in and receiving a tag/key. The driver of each vehicle needs to sign in. (R500 fine payable for trespassing.)
Name, surname, ID number, and relevant contact details are needed to check-in, and to gain access to the resort. Guests will not be able to check in or enter the resort without providing the above-mentioned information.
R100 CASH tag deposit (per vehicle) is payable for campsites.
R500 breakage deposit payable per self-catering unit. The breakage fee for the Heuningbos and Fynbos house is R1000 (per unit). All deposit refunds will be made within 10 working days.
Heuningbos & Fynbos, our two 10-sleeper units will be provided with linen/bedding and towels. Our other self-catering units EXCLUDE linen/bedding and towels. The beds are equipped with mattress protectors and fitted sheets only.
Please note that the Heuningbos (formerly known as Vloedbos) house is not situated near the campsite and relevant facilities, but is located within approximately 10 min walking distance.
Deposits are payable within 48 hours after the booking was made. All self-catering units, campsites, and group bookings ( 2+ units/campsites) must be paid in full, 14 days prior to the date of arrival. Failing to comply, will result in the cancellation of the booking, and the cancellation policy will apply. When a reservation is made the contact person will be held responsible for deposits, cancellations, or changes to units/plots.
We have a Tuck shop on the premises that sells wood, ice, sweets, ice cream, soft drinks, candy floss, etc. Please note that we do not sell cigarettes or liquor.
Supertube and shop hours: (weekends/in-season): 10H00-12H00, 14H00-16H00 and 17H00-18H30, Sundays 10H00-12H00. (Subject to change without notification.)
House and camp rules:
1. No pets allowed
2. No music whatsoever will be allowed
3. Check-in time: From 14H00 - 20H00 (no check-in will be allowed after 20H00) Early check-in by arrangement only
4. Campsite check-out time: Strictly before 12H00 (R100 tag deposit will be forfeited if the tag is not received on time)
5. Self-catering unit check-out time (unit key handed in @ office): Strictly before 10H00, the full amount of unit (price per night) payable for late checkout.
6. Day visitor hours: 08H00 – 18H00
7. Only suitable and modestly appropriate swimwear will be allowed in the swimming pools. No overly revealing swimwear, underwear or toddlers without clothes. We are a family resort.
8. Inflated swimming pools are not allowed
9. No smoking allowed indoors
10. Silence in the resort after 22H00
11. Camp activities close at 22H00
12. Self-catering units must be left in the same condition as found
13. Please park at your unit booked or in the parking area provided
14. No unruly behaviour or foul language will be tolerated
15. All fires need to be extinguished after use
16. Visitors must please stay within the Vloedbos perimeter
17. Please only occupy the unit that you booked
18. Please do not remove black bins from their allocated areas
19. No eating or drinking in pools
20. Children under 10 years are not allowed in pools without adult supervision
21. Heated swimming pool will be closed and chlorinated between 19h00 PM - 08h00 AM
22. Only 1 person at a time (without shoes and not more than 70kg) is allowed on the trampoline
23. Vloedbos electrical equipment is dangerous and should be left alone
24. Alcohol abuse or any form of illegal drug use will not be tolerated and will be reported to the police
25. Anyone that damages Vloedbos property, trees, and/or vegetation will be held liable for the cost of replacement
26. All visitors enter Vloedbos resort at their own risk
27. If rules are not adhered to visitors will be liable for a R500 penalty and asked to leave the premises without a refund.
Cancellations/Moving in excess of 1 month prior will incur 10% of the deposit paid in administration fees. If the full amount was paid and it has to be refunded, 10% of the full amount paid will be deducted for administration fees and banking costs.
Cancellations/Moving 1 month prior to the date of arrival will forfeit 25% of the deposit.
Cancellations/Moving 22-30 days prior to the date of arrival will forfeit 50% of the deposit.
Cancellations/Moving 8-21 days prior to the date of arrival, the visitor forfeits 100% of the deposit paid.
Cancellations/Moving 0-7 days prior to the date of arrival we will charge the value for the full original booking.
In the event of premature departure or no-show, we will charge the value for the full original booking.
No refund for early departures. We hold the right to cancel any booking due to non-payment. Any decisions made beyond this arrangement will only be overruled by the Vloedbos Management counsel.
Right of Admission reserved.
NB: Vloedbos will not be held responsible - for abrupt cancellations or no show - due to bad weather conditions - Epidemic/Pandemic and Natural disasters/acts of God, beyond our control.
NB: Bookings will not be moved/refunded due to bad weather conditions, epidemics/pandemics, and natural disasters/acts of God beyond our control.
NB: All cancellations made due to weather conditions - Epidemic/Pandemic and Natural disasters/acts of God, beyond our control, will still be subject to the Vloedbos cancellation policy as stated above.
NB: No visitors will be allowed entry unless full payment has been received. Any dispute regarding your reservation must be sorted out on arrival, no refunds will be done afterwards.
Motorbike/quad bike rules
-Motorbike/quad bike times: 10H00-12H00 and 14H00-17H00
-No Motorbike/quad-bike riding is allowed on Sundays
-No Motorbike/quad-bike riding is allowed in the campsite area.
-All persons entering these premises and using its facilities, including the parking area, do so entirely at their own risk. The owners, employees, agents, representatives, and management of these premises shall not be liable for any damage, loss, theft, injury, accident, or death suffered by any person, howsoever caused.
-Please note: We do not rent out quads/bikes although you are welcome to bring your own.